Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Salon Perfect Neon POP Skittles Mani

Hi, you guys! :)

One of the quandaries I have with neon colors is deciding which color to wear when I love them all so much. If only I had more hands... But since I don't, and I want my cake and eat it too, wearing them in a skittles mani is the perfect fun solution. The Salon Perfect Neon POP Collection contains 12 bold shades, and I combined four of my favorites for the mani below.

Left to right: Tickled Pink, Loopy Lime, Traffic Cone, Fired Up Fuchsia



Tickled Pink (index finger) is a neon barbie pink with a creme finish. The formula is a little on the runny side, though nothing too bad. It's also a little streaky, but is mostly even by three coats.

Loopy Lime (middle finger) is a neon lime green with shimmers. This color is stunning, so bold and vibrant on the nails. It's easy to apply, and isn't too streaky by neon polish standard. It's opaque at two coats though I did three for the swatches.

Traffic Cone (ring finger) is an aptly named neon show-stopping orange with a creme finish. This is the brightest orange I've ever put on my nails, and I love it! I used three coats for the swatches.

Fired Up Fuchsia (pinky) is a bright magenta pink with fine shimmers. It's another really stunning color from the collection. The formula's pretty good and easy to apply. I used three coats for the swatches.

I tried a few of the other colors from this collection too, and all of them are super bright. Though there is a white base that you can use with the colors, the intensity and brightness of the shades shines through even without it, so it's not really necessary. The formulas can be a little streaky, pretty on par with neons. In general, the cremes are more uneven, while the shimmers apply more evenly and easily across the nails.

What do you think of this collection and of neons in general? Will you be picking any up to add to your collection? And do you wear neons only in the summer or all year-round?

You can find the Neon POP shades exclusively at Walmart stores for a retail price of $3.98 for each 0.5 fl oz bottle.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

42 comments:

  1. Such a fun neon skittle! There very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what happened but this summer I love neons and believe me, I didn't like them before. The colours you used are well photographed, it's sometimes hard to take a proper foto of a neon. The index, middle and pinkie are my picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think neons just grow on you until one day, you realize all you want to wear is neons. ;) Yep I have trouble photographing neons too. It was a little easier to capture a skittles mani... maybe the different colors help the camera balance between them.

      Delete
    2. I always thought they are too bright but no, they are perfect for summer!

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic bunch of pretty neons. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neon skittle mani sounds like a great way to wear neons. I love how bright this orange is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The orange is intense! Most neon oranges mellow out next to my skin tone, but this one stayed nice and loud. :)

      Delete
  5. WOW, they are so pretty, fun and bright - love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, I think they are really fun too! I just love bright colors for the summer time. :)

      Delete
  6. I have never tried this brand polish, looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check them out next time you're at Walmart. I love that their formulas are quite good and their prices are really reasonable. :)

      Delete
  7. I like the look of all of them but Fired Up Fuchsia is amazing and stands out from the rest for me :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! The fuchsia is so bright and pretty, definitely a stand out. :)

      Delete
  8. SO many vibrant colors!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! for neon skittles! I love neon colors too :) I've worn them a lot this summer just to remind myself it is summer, right, we are having such a crappy weather here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you got some good weather in before summer is over. We had the opposite problem this summer; the weather was too hot. I'm really glad it's cooler now. I'm much more of a winter baby. :) I'm glad you like the colors! Neons are my favorite to wear in the summer time. :)

      Delete
  10. Cute! I love neon nails in the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo me too! I love loud colors no matter the time of the year actually hehe. :)

      Delete
  11. I love neons. This skittle mani is super bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! This was a fun way to combine all these colors. :)

      Delete
  12. I managed to find all but one of the polishes in this collection. Such gorgeous polishes! The one that really caught my attention was Summer Escape. hahah, My camera had fits trying to capture that color! Thanks for the great review and photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! <3 I'm really impressed with this collection and Salon Perfect in general. Their formulas are quite good and their prices are reasonable. :) Neons are just about my favorite type of polish to wear, so I'm always happy to see them pop up in collections. :)

      Delete
  13. Hi Yun - neons and you are like pot and lid as we tend to say ;-)! I haven't been into neons much this summer (raised eyebrows) -poor babies!! I do like mine best if magenta, coral turquoise - oh of course I was over the moon over my Dance Legend It's hot Here! Have a wonderful day xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Haha you are right. I'm not sure what it is, but neons just grab my attention like nothing else. A lot of colors, after wearing them for a while, I get bored of looking at my hands, but not with neons haha. The colors you mentioned are great too. To me, summer's all about having fun with polish choices, and that can be being brighter, bolder, or sparklier than you would wear otherwise. :) Hope you have been well! <3

      Delete
  14. I really like Fired Up Fuchsia! I love neons but they usually are a bit difficult to apply :( I do wear neons in the fall/winter sometimes but only as an accent color... Accent nail or maybe for part of a nail in a tape mani. It's too bright for fall/winter otherwise I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neons are a bit fickle in application for me too. Sometimes a color will be super easy to apply, and then I hoard it like crazy cause I can't believe it how awesome it is haha. I don't wear neons as often in the winter time either, but every once in a while, I do it to remind myself that summer is coming. :)

      Delete
  15. These look beautiful but I am loving Fired Up Fuchsia, what a stunning pink and it looks absolutely flawless! I love a good neon polish but I don't have too many.. that has to change! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Fired Up Fuchsia is very pretty and also wearable for a neon, which is great. Hehe you definitely need more neons! ;)

      Delete
  16. Although summer is a bit gone here this is perfect for sunny weather :-) Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you got a little more summer before it's totally over. :)

      Delete
  17. Well, Neons sometimes tend to make my skin look darker so I can't wear every neon color but yeah, I do love the bright colors too <3
    And these ones are especially bright, aren't they? *___*
    Love Loopy Lime the most, sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neons make my tan look more prominent too. :) Hehe yes, these are *really* bright and noticeable, which is my favorite sort of neons. ;)

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. I agree!
      Al of these shades look just stunning on your nails ;)

      Xx julia
      Creativenails4fun

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I'm glad you like them! I'm a big fan of these colors too. :)

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a fun, simple way to wear all four colors at the same time. :)

      Delete
  20. I love how bold and fun neons are, especially with skittle designs! I hope you're able to return to blogging soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really happy to be back! <3 Hehe skittles is a fun way of wearing all the colors when I can't decide on just one. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...