Saturday, June 7, 2014

Zoya Tickled Collection - Summer 2014

Hi, you guys! Happy weekend! This week has been really busy, so I'm glad to finally have some time for relaxation. There's this new Chinese restaurant that opened near us last week, and it's so good! The hubby and I have been there five times already haha. More and more, I've realized that the quality of my life correlates directly to my access to yummy food. Food is definitely most important in my life lol. :D


Today, I've got Zoya's summer creme collection to share with you. The Zoya Tickled Collection features six new cremes in a variety of colorful, exuberant summer hues.


Kitridge
Kitridge is a bright, vivid baby pink that is almost—but not quite—neon. It's a little streaky on the first coat, but subsequent coats help to even that out. Because of its lightness and brightness, it's not quite even at two coats, and is the only polish of the set that really needs three coats. This is my favorite shade from the collection.

Wendy
Wendy is a juicy melon coral that's saturated but not too bright. It's a lovely color for summer, one of those shades that looks a little different on everyone. I used three coats for the swatches, but you can probably get away with two.

Rocha
Rocha is an intense reddish orange, very saturated and very rich. It has just the smallest hint of shimmers that's visible if you look closely. It's easy to apply and pigmented, so I did two coats for the swatches.

Rooney
Rooney is medium magenta pink that looks just a bit muted, like a bright shade that faded a little over the years under sunlight. It's easy to apply and I needed just the standard two coats for total coverage.

Tilda
Tilda is an avocado green, half way between lime and chartreuse. It's a hard color to describe and it's definitely an odd shade. I usually love greens, but this one probably isn't for me. I had no issues at all with the formula though. I used two coats for the swatches.

Ling
Ling is a medium cool-toned blue that is intense, but not exactly bright (if that makes sense). It's quite pigmented, and I used two coats for the swatches.

Overall, this is a really pretty and fun collection, appropriate for the summer. To me, there's something classic and a little vintage about this set of colors, with their fresh and colorful palette that's a little shy of bright. My favorite from the collection is Kitridge, with its girly and vivid shade of baby pink. :)

What do you think of this collection? Which colors will you be picking up and adding to your stash?

You can find the Tickled shades on Zoya.com for $9 for each 0.5 fl oz bottle.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

34 comments:

  1. This collection is really nice. I'm really liking all the cremes in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how well I understand your love for food:D
    Great collection! I like light pink and that green's quite unique:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I'm glad you like this collection! I have nothing else even close to the green in my collection. Same for the light pink, which is pretty surprising for a pink polish. :)

      Delete
  3. We understand the love of food here as well.

    LOVE the collection. I just tried Zoya recently, but can't seem to find anywhere that sells it near me. :( Tilda seems to be screaming my name. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe there's just nothing more awesome than delicious food! :) I'm glad you like this collection. You can order from zoya.com, if you are in the US. Ulta sells them too, but they just don't have the selection that zoya.com has. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Wendy's just perfect for a summer mani or pedi. Glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  5. Rooney is my favorite - and Kitridge has to be the most girly pink ever...
    Lovely colors for summer all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, I'm glad you like them! There are some really pretty pinks in this collection. I've been really into pinks lately, so I'm totally loving Kitridge. :)

      Delete
  6. I don't buy cremes as a rule :) But I must admit that these are really nice. I like Kitridge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't tend to gravitate towards cremes, but Kitridge definitely stood out to me and I loved wearing it. :)

      Delete
  7. Rooney is such a pretty shade !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tilda is the only one I like per se, but I love how Ling and Rooney look on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Tilda's definitely interesting and I have nothing else like it in my collection. Ling's a fantastic blue and you can never go wrong with a pink hehe. :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Yun - beautiful post, beautiful pictures!!! I love the Zoya Summer Collection as a whole - I really love the color of green but after having read your note, I am afraid it would not look right on me either - oh well, there are plenty of other beauties in this collection <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Thank you so much! Tilda's got a unique charm and is one of those colors I would admire on someone else, but I don't think I can pull it off. You're right, there's no lacking of pretty colors in this collection hehe. :)

      Delete
  10. I think Wendy is my fave out of this collection! Makes me want to dig through my polish stash for a new mani color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy's like the perfect summer mani/pedi color! I'm glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  11. Hehe that must be some good food there! Me and the husband love going for Dim Sum. And I love anything with tofu hehe :-D

    What a stunning collection - I love your photos :-) Ling and Rooney - oh wow :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I love anything with tofu too! The new restaurant we've been going to has this soft tofu pudding soup (salty & spicy version) that's to-die-for hehe. I could totally just eat five of those in one sitting. :D Thanks, I'm glad you like this collection! <3

      Delete
  12. Oh, thanks Yun...you just reminded me that I was lusting after Kitridge and don't have it yet. :P Rooney is my favorite on you...but I'll be hanged if you don't make Tilda look incredibly POSH. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, my dear! I always try to be helpful! :P But seriously, you need Kitridge... it's so gorgeous! Haha thanks for thinking Tilda looks good on me. I was waffling on this one. It's one of those shades that I would admire on others as looking unique and charming, but I ultimately decided I probably can't pull it off. :)

      Delete
  13. I like all the colours their very Summery even though is nothing unique to me.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a collection that's suited for summer. Even though the collection doesn't feel unique to me at first, I was surprised how many colors are indeed unique to my collection. :)

      Delete
  14. I really like this collection! I agree it does kind of have a vintage feel to it... Tilda especially reminds me of the 70s. My favorite would have to be Wendy I just love melon colors like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you like the collection! I love Wendy too! It's just the perfect coral shade for a summer pedi. :)

      Delete
  15. They are all so beautiful and looks perfectly flawless on your nails, your pictures show them off perfectly! I really like the look of Tilda and Wendy but they are all gorgeous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3 I'm glad you're a fan of the colors. I love Wendy too and think it's a fantastic color for the summer. :)

      Delete
  16. Tasty fooood!!! C and I were talking about our favorite Italian spot last night and how glad we are to have discovered it, lol, and how we need to go make a night of it again very soon. This particular place was the site of our first date when we were 16 and 19 so it is, of course, special beyond just having the best pasta in town, lol. Okay, nail polish... I loveloveLOVE this collection, especially the pinks! Tilda is probably the only one I don't see myself wearing again, but who knows when I'll get a compulsion towards a jolie laide color. It's really quite gorgeous on you. Also, I feel like Zoya's stepped up their creme formulas lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so sweet! It's amazing that a restaurant you went to so many years ago has stayed in business. :) The place that the hubby and I went to on our first date went out of business a few years ago and we were quite sad. But we've since discovered many more tasty spots hehe. :) This collection is made for you, my dear. The pinks in here are beautiful, especially Kitridge and Wendy. I've never had trouble with Zoya's formula, but it does seem like more of their recent cremes need just 2 coats to be good. :)

      Delete
  17. This is a very pretty collection, but I'm surprised that they are unique for Zoya. It seems like every color looks like something they have done. I may have to get Wendy for my mom though...since that is her name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each of the colors is similar to others, but Zoya managed to put an interesting spin on them and make them unique. Wendy's gorgeous, especially for a summer pedi color! That and Kitridge are my favs from this collection. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...