Thursday, October 3, 2013

OPI Pink of Hearts 2013 Swatches and Review

Hi, you guys! Can't believe it's Thursday already! This week is just flying by. :)


Today, I have OPI's Pink of Hearts 2013 duo to share with you. This limited edition set is released by OPI to raise awareness and funds during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. More info about this set and the cause it supports can be found here. This duo contains the classic Pink-ing of You and the brand new More Than a Glimmer, along with a bonus set of crystal decals and pink ribbons stickers.






Pink-ing of You is the quintessential barbie-girl pink creme. It doesn't lean too cool or too warm, and so it should look nice on most folks. Application is smooth and easy, with the creme formula leveling out nicely with each coat. I did three coats for the swatches for opaque and even coverage.






More Than a Glimmer is mult-colored glitter with silver, yellow, pink, green, and blue round and hexagon glitter pieces in small to medium sizes all in a milky pink base. It dries a little matte, so it reminds me of a colorful speckled pink egg. This has a great glitter density, so application is easy and you don't have to fish around for anything. What you see in the swatches is just one easy coat over Pink-ing of You.

You can find the Pink of Hearts 2013 set for a limited time at your local nail salons and beauty stores such as Ulta and Dillard's for $15.95.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

36 comments:

  1. I like how girly these two look together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glitter, and the two look really cool together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm a big fan of the glitter too! It's really colorful and fun. :)

      Delete
  3. I love Pinking of You. Polishes for Breast Cancer are so nice and for such a good cause :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful baby pink and I love glitter too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you're a fan of both! They look so great together. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow I am surprised by that glitter! It actually looks quite nice, and I guess way better than the mandatory super girly topper I was expecting... ^^ Love the ribbons also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the glitter is really interesting and fun too! The ribbons are cute... I don't have much experience with nail stickers, but I'm looking forward to trying them out. :)

      Delete
  6. This is such a pretty combo, a very pretty match!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the glitter over the pink...it looks like birthday cake! And it's got such a good coverage too...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so glad you like the combo! Hehe yes, it does look like the colorful sprinkles on a birthday cake... yummy! :)

      Delete
  8. I really want to pick this set up. The glitter reminds me of cupcakes and I just love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does look like the sprinkles on frosting! Very pretty. :)

      Delete
  9. I always look so forward to the OPI BCA sets. This one sure pans out and I just can't get over how gorgeous you make those light pinks look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't really like these from the bottle shots, but they surprised me with how gorgeous they are! I love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow sweet baby pink (: black stamping will look great on it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I always love black and pink color combos. :)

      Delete
  12. More Than a Glimmer reminds me a lot of China Glaze It's a Trap-eze but with bigger glitter particles that are more sparse :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of that, but I see the resemblance after you mentioned it. :)

      Delete
  13. i love this shade its so girly and cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun and girly manicure. I love it and it is for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! More Than a Glimmer looks awesome! And that's just one coat? Insanely awesome!
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...