Saturday, February 9, 2013

OPI Oz The Great and Powerful Collection Preview

Another press release that landed in my inbox this week is the official info for the OPI collection inspired by the upcoming movie Oz The Great and Powerful. This looks to be a fresh and fun set of colors with something for everyone - soft hues, sparkling glitters, and even a liquid sand. Please enjoy. :-)

I'll link to swatches and reviews once I have those posted. (All info and images are courtesy of OPI.)

OPI Celebrates Disney’s Oz The Great and Powerful with Limited Edition Nail Lacquers, Including NEW Liquid SandÔ Hue


OPI announces the launch of six limited edition nail lacquers and a new Liquid Sand™ shade, inspired by Disney’s Oz The Great and Powerful.  With an all-star cast that includes James Franco and Michelle Williams, this highly-anticipated film opens in theaters on March 8, 2013. 

 “OPI is very excited to take this fantastical journey with Disney,” explains Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director.  “Inspired by the magic of Oz The Great and Powerful, this SoftShades collection captures the whimsy seen in the film, from glittery shades packed with white, gold and silvery iridescent confetti – Lights of Emerald City, When Monkeys Fly! and Which is Witch? – to soft neutrals in white, beige and pink – Don’t Burst My Bubble, Glints of Glinda and I Theodora You.

“The new Liquid Sand nail lacquer – What Wizardry is This? – features OPI’s groundbreaking technology for a textured, matte finish infused with reflective sparkle,” adds Weiss-Fischmann.  “This rich taupe hue was designed for James Franco’s character, the great Wizard of Oz, and is sure to make a bold statement this spring.”

What Wizardy is This? The new Liquid Sand nail lacquery

With a mix of soft crème and warm glitter shades, the line is ideal for layering to create rich, complex looks. In addition to the Liquid Sand nail lacquer in What Wizardry is This?, the promotion includes:

Lights of Emerald City White confetti adds city girl flair and style to nails.
Don’t Burst My Bubble Don’t wake me...I’m dreaming about puffy clouds of white. 
When Monkeys Fly! I’m simply bananas for this gold confetti. 

Glints of Glinda Only a good witch could turn beige from meek to chic. 
Which is Witch? Is this silver glitter with iridescent sparkle or the other way around? 
 I Theodora You This adorable, sheer pink is bewitching on you.

As with all OPI nail lacquers, the shades inspired by Oz The Great and Powerful contain no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde, and feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide Brush for the ultimate in application. This limited edition promotion will be available beginning March 2013 at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, jcp Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer.

14 comments:

  1. Some of them look very interesting, the first set of 3 photo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glitters look particularly interesting to me :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful collection - I think I will be in for a Opi-splurge ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I feel that way about almost every collection! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. I need to see swatches :)... surprised there is no ruby red slippers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious if anyone knows. Are these yearly soft shades collections popular? The ballet one at my local Ulta did not sell well last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm good question... I'm not sure, but I guess they must be popular enough for OPI to do one every year.

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. I really like all the soft pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not colors I would pick for Oz ... maybe the movie will make this collection make more sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not the ruby and emerald shades I was expecting, as well. I wonder if the movie is a different take on the Oz story.

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...