Sunday, February 3, 2013

OPI The Impossible

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I love watching football, and I look forward to this every year. My team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, didn't do too well this year, so I don't have much at stake in this game. That's actually a good thing because I tend to get really anxious if my team is playing and have spent the entire game hiding out behind chairs and stuff cause I can't bear to watch lol.

Today, I've got the first of the four 'stage' shades from the Mariah Carey by OPI Collection to share with you. The stage shades have the new OPI Liquid Sand finish, so they dry down to a textured, matte glittery look. I was most looking forward to The Impossible, a bright pinkish red jelly with small red and purple glitters, medium-sized purple hexagon glitters, and large star glitters.






This is such a fun color and I love the mix of glitters in here. The small and medium glitters spread out evenly without too much effort. I did have trouble with the large star glitters. They sink to the bottom of the bottle, so I had to tilt the bottle back and forth to get the stars to come up, then swirl the brush around in the hopes of snagging one. I finally managed to get a star on three of the fingers.

As you apply the polish, it goes on glossy, and then it will dry down to a matte finish. This is nicely pigmented, and I needed just the standard two coats for total coverage. Texture-wise, it is as advertised. It's gritty and sandy to the touch, which comes from not just the glitters. It looks like there are additional particles in there that contribute to the rough texture.

You can find The Impossible at your local nail salons and beauty stores for $9 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

18 comments:

  1. This looks great on you! It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one!! And your swatches are just to die for!!! :) I'll be watching the game too... my Pats aren't in it but that's ok it's still fun to watch LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words! I'm glad you're loving this one! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. This really is both fun and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this polish!! I love the shade that they picked for it! And the stars are a bit of a pain, but I usually tilt the bottle over for 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Haha the stars are such a pain, but they sure are pretty. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. The more I see these liquid sands, the more I like them. This looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I feel the same. They are definitely growing on me! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. I really love how the stars look in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what? The stars underneath the liquid sand make me think of the beach SO MUCH! It's not bad, not bad... but I only see little tiny bumps! Ad I hate it when my polish is not smooth and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, the stars are sooo beachy and cute! Ah, this polish is definitely not smooth. But you can always add a top coat and make it glossy instead of matte. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...