Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chanel Coromandel

Hi, you guys! How's the week treating you? I'm pretty wiped out, to tell the truth. I haven't been sleeping enough lately—partly my fault for staying up too late and partly because I have a bit of insomnia when I get stressed—so it's all starting to catch up with me. I feel like I need a vacation, but it's only February! This period from January to May without a holiday is pretty brutal.

But as a polish-lover, I definitely know how to cheer myself up. :) As such, I've got an awesome polish to share with you today. Chanel's Coromandel is a warm, orange-toned red with a smattering of subtle pink shimmers.





This is a beautiful siren red, bright and attention-grabbing. The shimmers in here are visible in the bottle, but mostly hidden once on the nails. The formula is pretty fantastic. It's smooth and buttery, flowing nicely onto the nails without any dragging or pooling. It's also super duper pigmented. What you see is just one coat! This is the first Chanel polish I've tried, and I'm impressed. The $27 price tag is a little high, but the color and superb formula definitely live up to my expectations. :-)

You can find Coromandel at Chanel counters and chanel.com for $27 for 0.4 fl oz.

22 comments:

  1. Such a great Valentines day colour! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh this is gorgeous. I need. And I love that it's named after one of the Exclusif perfumes ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like this, Liesl! It's a beautiful color! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. It looks really great!
    I hope that your stress level gets down soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunningly beautiful red polish...
    I'm completely wiped out too, working so hard from I get up to I go to bed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I hope you feel better soon, Yun! I know what you mean about this time of the year, it's so hard with no holidays anywhere in sight! :( This Chanel is gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn, you hang in there too! <3
      I'm glad you like this! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. Awww, I hope you feel better soon!
    Coromandel is so pretty though, I'm in love <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunner!!! A beautiful red :-). I think that those bottle-shimmers add a really strong glow to the color and give a different dimension of saturation to the polish. I also own only few Chanels and sofar was always delighted by their overall performance :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like this! The shimmers really do add a depth to the color, and I just love shimmers personally. I look forward to trying more Chanels. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. I don't own any Chanel nail polishes, but this one is so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love a good red. This one is gorgeous! (And I really like your nails)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That colour would definitely cheer one up! Hope you manage to get some much-needed down time and a good night's rest! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...