Thursday, November 1, 2012

OPI On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Hi, you guys! I've got another gorgeous color from OPI's Skyfall Collection to show you today. On Her Majesty's Secret Service has a steel blue base filled with tons of sparkling multi-colored shimmers.






The micro-glitters sparkle in a variety of colors when the light hits it; I see predominantly gold, pink, green, and blue. Compared with The World Is Not Enough, its taupe-y counterpart, this polish is more pigmented and its micro-glitters are denser, so you only need two coats. Dry time is just a smidgeon slower than average for OPIs. 

One random thing about this polish is that it has a slightly stinky smell, kind of like a skunk. I'm not sure why it smells like this, since none of the other OPIs in the collection do. It's not strong or anything, but definitely noticeable if you give it a wiff.

In terms of similar colors, I thought this looked quite close to Zoya FeiFei, so I dug that out for a quick comparison. They look a little different in the bottles (probably due to their different bottle shapes), but once on the nails, I could not tell a difference at all. So if you have one, you probably don't need the other.

You can find On Her Majesty's Secret Service at your local nail salons and beauty stores for $8.50 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

28 comments:

  1. I love love love this one, but I would want to pass on the smell! So I'd choose FeiFei instead! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Pretty! I'm so jealous of your collection Yun! :D

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty I'm so sad with my eBay purchase of the collection had to file a case and didn't get my order but I will try to get this set. My favorite from the collection is Goldeneye and Live and Let Die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like this! Sorry to hear you ran into trouble. Good luck with getting the collection! <3

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful colour! Stinky polish? I have had a few brands that smelt a little weird, never cool! Good to know theres a dupe out there too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Yea I'm not sure why it's stinky, but thankfully it's not too noticeable. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. It's a very interesting color, looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FeiFei is one of my recent favourites, so it's no surprise that I love this one too! Very strange that this one smells funny though...I have a bottle of a Sally Hansen that has the same kind of smell! Strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! It's definitely gorgeous. Yea, I dunno why it smells funny lol. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. Love this polish, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo beautiful! I really love feifei, might have to get this just to have a back up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Great idea, getting this as a backup! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  9. This is gorgeous! I already have Fei Fei, so I'm going to try not to buy this one, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful Yun! Oh I just love. Impeccable swatches!

    The steel blue base looks great on your skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julz, I'm glad you like it! Very sweet of you to say! <3

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  11. I've been looking forward to your swatch of this polish. I can"'t decide whether I want it or not :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a gorgeous color! Good luck deciding! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  12. I love this polish! Looks beautiful on you! I passed on buying this since I already have FeiFei!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it weird how some polishes have a random strange odor that isn't really a polish smell? I have a few like that but what bothers me most is when they smell like that after they dry! Ugh. Pretty color, though. I think I would probably choose Fei Fei instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the color! Yes, it's really strange that it has that odd odor.

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  14. I do have Zoya FeiFei so I won't be getting it, but otherwise I definitely would!!! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...