Friday, November 2, 2012

OPI Live and Let Die

Happy Friday, you guys! :-)

Today, we're wrapping up OPI's Skyfall Collection with Live and Let Die, a dark olive green polish with tons of sparkly gold shimmers.






This green is so dark that it can appear almost black in certain lighting. I was pleasantly surprised that even though the base is so dark, the gold shimmers are able to shine through clearly and distinctively. The formula is smooth and pigmented. It is almost opaque in just one coat, though I did two for the swatches to even everything out.

Now that I have tried all the colors in this collection, I have to say that this is my favorite OPI collection to date! I feel every color is a win, and the James Bond theme is just so cool. My favorites from the collection are Die Another Day, GoldenEye, Moonraker, and The World Is Not Enough, but if I had to pick just one, it would absolutely be GoldenEye. :)

Let me know what you think of this collection in the comments below. What are the hits and misses for you, and which ones will be making it onto your buy list?

You can find Live and Let Die at your local nail salons and beauty stores for $8.50 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour definitely goes to my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful - reminds me of China Glaze Smoke & Ashes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that any of this collection will make it to my buy list. I considered "On her Majesty's Secret Service", but on second (or third or even fourth) thought, I think I'll give that a miss as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so you decided not to get Secret Service after all. Bummer! <3

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. This one is lovely too! Overall this collectios has some great wins, which is great! Moar lemmings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like this one! This collection is definitely my favorite OPI collection to date. It's got so many great polishes! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. So gorgeous. Reminds me more of Guns N Roses, or Paul McCartney, though.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Hehe yes, it's definitely got a rockish or edgy quality to it. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. That makes me feel better that this is your favorite one! It's the only one I got from this collection at the moment and wasn't thrilled. I was hoping for a dark teal with gold glitter but the glitter didn't show up on the nail too much for me. And it just looked like black polish. Looks great on you though! Been enjoying your reviews of this collection (and your swatches in general). You sold me on Unfor-greta-bly Blue from the Germany collection ;) Your swatches are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you've enjoyed the collection! It's been great fun for me too, with this being my favorite OPI collection to date! :) Oh, I'm so glad you like Unfor-greta-bly Blue! I love that color, and in fact, I've been wearing it all weekend. :-) Thank you so much for your kind words! <3

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. So glad we are on the same page with GoldenEye ;) Definitely my pick of the collection as well! I really love Live and Let Die, but I could only limit myself to 2 (OPI polishes cost $19.95 each here! Eeek!) so I bought GoldenEye and On Her Majesty's Secret Service. The deep, almost black green and the shimmer of Live and Let Die are so pretty and unique though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh nice picks! I totally agree that GoldenEye is gorgeous! And On Her Majesty's Secret Service is pretty awesome too. :-)
      $19.95! Wow that's steep!

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. This is an insanely gorgeous polish. I am very tempted to use this for my Christmas manicure, and it's only November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Hehe I'm totally wearing holiday colors already. :D

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  9. Oooh I love this! It reminds me of a spookily inky black night. Great swatch Yun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This polish looks very similar to a little bottle of no-name ELF polish I picked up at Target in September. It, too is a really dark green shimmer that looks almost black. I would be curious to know if they are similar. I wish it had a name so you could google swatches. This is a really pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! If you ever find out the name of that polish, let me know. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  11. I also love this collection!! The only two I don't care for are the Living Daylights and the Moonraker? Ou know, the metallic looking one. The rest is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i've missed your swatches! this is stunning, i love the shimmers in it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet words! I'm glad you like this! <3

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...