Sunday, February 12, 2012

Essie Pink Diamond

The weekends always go by so quickly and this weekend was no exception. It's already Sunday night! As usual, I haven't gotten as much done as I'd like. :) But the one good piece of news from this weekend is that my husband is getting me a new camera for Valentine's Day! My current camera is from six years ago, and as a result, it has a really hard time capturing all the details on those macro shots. I am so excited that soon I will be able to share more accurate and detailed pictures with you, my lovely readers! <3

Speaking of Valentine's Day, I have an appropriate pick for you today: Essie's Pink Diamond. It is a frosty baby pink pearl, and wearing it definitely brings out the girly girl in me.





While this is a relatively generic pink shade (Zoya Emme and Orly Seashell are just a few of many similar shades), I am putting this at the top of my girly pinks list due to its great application. The polish was not too thick, not too thin. There was no pooling on the side of the nail, nor was there pulling near the free edge. It just went on smooth and buttery.

The one question that always comes up with frosts is how streaky is this? With steady hands, two thin coats, and thanks to Essie's great formula, this was not much of a problem. If I look closely, I can still see the streaks, but they appear uniformly vertical on my nails, so they do not look bad at all. In fact, I think the vertical streaks give the slight illusion of elongating my nails and fingers.

What are some of your favorite generic pink shades? Do you like frosty polishes or are they a big no-no?

You can find Pink Diamond on Essie.com, at your local nail salons and drug stores, and at big name retailers like Target and Macy's.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love Pink Diamond! I have a soft spot for this polish because it's one of my very first polishes! :D

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. You have such pretty nails. I shared this on my page! -Vintage-Girl Nails

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...